Thank you Franchesca!

Songs for peanut


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, July 21, 2008

Birth Certificates for Stillborns in Florida.

Today my mother in law found out that in the state of Florida you can get a stillborn birth certificate! You don't know how happy this made me to know that someone does recognize that we had our son. It makes me sad that some states wont recognize a child just because he/she died inside the womb. Its a sick feeling to know that they think your baby wasnt alive yet just because he hadnt entered this world yet. My child was living up until the day before I delivered him. I don't understand why that even crosses someones mind, what do they think we are going to deliver a doll or an alien?? Its like my mother in law said, they will put someone in jail because they killed a "fetus" but they wont recognize that its a living, breathing human? What sense does that make?? No one will ever understand what it means to a parent to have that birth certificate until they have lost their baby. To know that, that child isn't "hidden" just because it was born dead means so much to a greiving parent. We love to talk about our Angel babies as much as anyone else loves to talk about their live babies. Because they were alive at one point, only difference is, is that God needed ours and they were taken from our wombs and went straight to Heaven. I know this is going to be a long drawn out process but if its the last thing I do on this earth, I will do it. To be able to fight for other grieving parents is something I think I am supposed to do. It will happen, don't give up.
This is the link to the website to file for a birth certificate and death certificate.

No comments:

October 15th Video (Baby Jay is in this one)....

Signature

Photobucket
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Danielle Engebretson's "Aurora" kit.